ALL BIGS ARE LIFE QUALIFIED: Every potential Big has what it takes to help our kids.
We are not uncovering or granting potential. We are not saviors or heroes. Instead, we invest in meaningful interactions with kids to help them ignite and harness their own potential - the potential that they have had all along.
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
By participating in our programs Littles:
- Improve or maintain their scholastic competence.
- Improve or maintain their educational expectations.
- Improve parental trust.
- Improve with peer relationships and social skills.
- Gain more self-confidence.
- Improve social acceptance.
- Improve in their attitudes toward risky behaviors.
HOW TO BECOME A BIG
Step 1: Complete an application online or request a paper copy Step 2: Complete an in-home interview
Step 3: Pass all criminal background and driving record checks
Step 4: Acceptance or denial decision made by staff
Step 5: Staff will contact you with potential Little
Step 6: Meeting with Little's parent/guardian and staff
Step 7: Officially matched and meet your Little!
Step 8: Monthly communication with staff
- Must have reliable transportation with a valid driver's license and proof of car insurance.
- Reside in Marquette/Alger County and/or attend school in Marquette/Alger County
- Find time in your schedule to keep the match open for the required year, 4 to 6 hours a month.
- Be mentally, physically, and emotionally able to participate.
- Have the ability to form a relationship.
- Anyone living in applicant's home must be supportive of the match.